Friday, February 13, 2009

Wickenden Street Horse Providence

Across the street from my favorite pizza place  (Fellini's - to the right of the building above) is a gas station where I usually get my paper before pizza. This time I filled my car up with gas and saw the horse framed in between the buildings and prancing across the sky. The horse is made of metal mesh, and is one of a series of art pieces on the telephone poles along Wickenden Street. This area is known as the funky zone of Providence, with restaurants like Cafe Zog (named after the 7 foot king of Albania) the Brickway (great for breakfast) and various antique, tattoo and adult sundry stores scattered amongst the more prosaic stores.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm happy to know that that horse, Fellini's, Zog and the Brickway is still there! It's been about 5 years since I left, and good god, the meatball subs at Fellini's were good. And the hot blueberry muffins at Brickway...

    I've been enjoying your sketches, they're making me nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete